Carpet is a great option for almost any room of the home because it is soft and cozy. Wool carpet is a popular choice that is known for its insulating and moisture wicking qualities. While wool is most known for soft sweaters and blankets, it’s actually a very durable and soft carpet option! It’s ideal for the cold winters and warmer summers in the greater Chesterfield, O'Fallon, St. Peters, St. Charles areas. Learn more about the benefits and drawbacks of wool carpet below.
Pros of Wool Carpet
- Wool is a great option for hiding dirt because the fibers are more opaque than synthetic carpet options.
- Sheep hair is a sustainable resource and a biodegradable material. Wool carpet won’t sit in a landfill for years like other synthetic options.
- Wool is a very durable carpet option. It will look like new for longer than some other carpet options.
- It’s naturally fire retardant.
- Wool carpet has insulating qualities that help to keep the heat or cold air in.
- It has moisture resisting qualities which help to prevent mold from growing.
Cons of Wool
- Liquids can be hard to remove from wool carpet.
- Wool is a more expensive carpet material compared to synthetic options.
Wool Carpet Experts in Chesterfield
Whether you’re looking to install carpet in your bedroom or all over the house, wool is a great option! The experts at Floor Coverings International West County, MO will bring their mobile showroom right to your home, filled with thousands of samples. Give us a call today to schedule your free in-home design consultation. We proudly serve the greater Chesterfield, O'Fallon, St. Peters, St. Charles areas.
Photo Credit: Aaron Amat