Carpeting is extremely versatile, which is why you can find it in many Chesterfield homes. It’s perfect for bedrooms, living rooms, and family rooms—spaces where comfort is the priority. At Floor Coverings International West County, MO, we carry hundreds of carpeting options, including cut pile carpets. Here is a little more information about this popular style of carpet:
Cut Pile vs. Loop Pile
Carpeting is manufactured by threading yarn back and forth through a backing material, resulting in rows and rows of loops. If the loops are left intact, you have loop pile carpeting. You create cut pile by cutting each loop, creating two strands. This is probably the image most Missourians have in their heads when they picture “carpet”.
Advantages of Cut Pile
Loop pile is an excellent choice for rooms where durability is more important than comfort, such as commercial spaces and rooms with high foot traffic. Cut pile is a great choice for the average homeowner for the following reasons:
- Cut pile carpeting is comfortable. It is soft and warm underfoot.
- It has excellent insulating properties, resulting in lower heating and cooling bills.
- This versatile carpeting material is available in a variety of styles and colors.
Types of Cut Pile
Cut pile carpeting can be found in a few different styles:
- Saxony carpet is soft and smooth. Its short, densely packed yarns give it a soft and elegant feel.
- Textured carpet is the most popular carpeting option available. The fibers are individually twisted, adding durability while maintaining comfort.
- Frieze carpeting is similar to textured carpet, except its fibers are spun up to ten times, whereas textured carpet is wound only three or four times. This results in a highly durable cut pile carpet that hides dirt as well as footprints and vacuum tracks.
For More Information
At Floor Coverings International West County, MO, it is our mission to help Chesterfield residents find the perfect flooring for their homes. We carry thousands of flooring options, including cut pile carpets, and offer free, in-home estimates. Call today to book yours!
Photo © JR-stock