Forget the vinyl flooring you saw in the ‘80s and ‘90s. Today’s luxury vinyl plank floors are nearly indistinguishable from their natural counterparts, plus they cost less and require minimal upkeep. Vinyl flooring can imitate many of your favorite materials, which means it can take on nearly any color or texture — even linen! Therefore, if you want an affordable and attractive floor installed in your St. Charles home or business, you should definitely explore the benefits of luxury vinyl plank floors – and Floor Coverings International West County, MO can help!
- It’s affordable. Luxury vinyl plank flooring costs a fraction of what its natural counterparts cost. While the price tag for exotic hardwoods is exorbitant, you can get its synthetic version at a reasonable price. This affordability puts beautiful designs within the reach of more budgets!
- It’s scratch-resistant. While hardwoods tend to be vulnerable to scratches and dents, luxury vinyl has a tough wear layer that is great at resisting scratches and damage. Such durability makes luxury vinyl a great floor for businesses and rooms with heavy traffic.
- It’s easy to maintain. Luxury vinyl can be easily cleaned with a light vacuum or sweeping. There are also special cleaners that you can buy to give this material a periodic deep cleaning.
- Can’t be refinished. While hardwoods can be refinished when scratched or damaged, vinyl doesn’t have a second chance at life. Any damaged planks need to be removed and replaced.
- It still isn’t the real thing. Though vinyl looks very close to natural materials, there’s no getting around its synthetic nature. Though they look great, they won’t have organic grooves and knots like real hardwoods or the conductive ability of natural stone.
- Won’t raise a home’s value like natural floors. Since luxury vinyl costs less and is synthetic, it won’t do as much to raise your property’s value when your appraiser stops by.
To find out more about your flooring options in St. Charles, schedule a free in-home consultation with Floor Coverings International West County, MO.
You might also be interested in:
Photo Credit: Kingsman Asset