Glass tile is quickly becoming one of the most popular choices for kitchens and bathrooms in Chesterfield. While glass isn’t typically used for flooring, it is a beautiful choice for vertical spaces and accents, such as backsplashes and shower surrounds.
Our Floor Coverings International West County, MO experts love the sleek, modern look of glass tile. Here are some of the top factors to consider when shopping for tile for your home:
Advantages of Glass Tile
- Glass tile is available in a rainbow of colors, textures, sizes, and shapes. You can create all types of one-of-a-kind designs using different combinations of these tiles.
- Glass tile is a great choice for small spaces because it tends to reflect light. It can help a small, dark kitchen or bathroom feel brighter and more open.
- Glass tile is very easy to clean and maintain. It repels water, and it isn’t porous like many other tile materials. This means you don’t have to seal it as you would natural stone, and you can easily clean it with a sponge and your favorite cleaner.
Disadvantages of Glass Tile
- Glass tile (especially the classic, smooth variety) can be quite slippery when wet. It can also break if impacted by a heavy object. That is why it isn’t traditionally used for flooring, but primarily for vertical surfaces like showers and backsplashes.
- Glass tile can be quite pricey when compared to other materials. If you are on a tight budget, you will be better off going with ceramic or porcelain. However, one of the great things about glass is that even a small area of it offers a major design impact, so you can use it in combination with cheaper materials to save a bit of money.
Call Floor Coverings International West County, MO to schedule a free consultation and see our full selection of glass tile. We serve homeowners in Chesterfield, St. Charles, and beyond!
You might also be interested in:
Photo Credit: ML Harris